ORLANDO, Fla. — Disney's newest animal baby has a name that means "brave one" in Swahili.
Jabari the giraffe calf was born Jan. 14 at Animal Kingdom's Kilimanjaro Safari. The male Masai giraffe calf has spent the last two months bonding with mom, Mara, in a backstage area.
Disney said Jabari is the first giraffe calf to be born on the park's savanna and has a heart-shaped spot on his neck.
What other people are reading right now:
- Georgia bill would require men to report every release of sperm to officers
- He used a cotton swab. Then he got a skull infection.
- IMG Academy director accused of taking exams in college admissions scam
- 'Yuki' the wolf-dog captivates the world after sanctuary saves him from kill shelter
- Port Richey's acting mayor gets arrested, just weeks after the mayor
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.