LANTANA, Fla. (AP) — Sheriff's investigators say a Florida father chased down and shot a man who stole his car with his 6-year-old son inside.
Palm Beach County Sheriff's officials say 29-year-old Lamar Thurman remains in critical condition following the shooting early Saturday.
News outlets report the father left his 2012 Honda running while saying goodbye to friends around 2:30 a.m. Saturday. That's when Thurman jumped in and took off.
The father and his friends called 911 and took off after the vehicle. Sheriff's officials say they followed Thurman for five miles, where he crashed the car. As they went to grab the boy from the car, Thurman drove way. The father pulled out a gun and started shooting. The boy wasn't injured.
Thurman is on probation for carjacking an 86-year-old woman in 2016.
What other people are reading right now:
- Explosions kill at least 207 in Sri Lanka on Easter Sunday
- Help find Daisy: Owner's service dog runs away after crash
- Deadly road rage shooting could turn into 'Stand Your Ground' case
- 'Jeopardy' champ wins 12th-straight game
- 'I'm just livin' | Woman turning 109 years old says she drinks a glass of wine on Fridays
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.