TAMPA, Fla. — A now-27-year-old woman appeared in court Thursday after deputies say she had a sexual relationship with an 11-year-old boy and gave birth to his child in 2014.
The court hearing was supposed to determine if a judge could set a trial date for Marissa Mowry, but another hearing is now set for June 27.
Mowry was arrested in 2017 for the alleged sexual relationship with a victim when he was between the ages of 11 to 14. According to a Hillsborough County sheriff's office release from 2017, Mowry gave birth to the victim's child in October 2014.
Mowry was originally charged with sexual assault and sexual battery on a victim younger than 12 years of age. More charges were added, including three counts of sexual assault by an adult older than 18 years old with a victim younger than 12 years old and 11 counts of sexual assault by a person with familial authority involving sexual battery to a victim younger than 18 years old.
What other people are reading right now:
- Woman pushed elderly man from bus after he told her to be nice, police say
- Florida mayor threatens to kill neighbors after incident with his daughter, police say
- Mom, 2 kids died in Town 'n' Country apartment fire, sheriff says
- Thinking about getting the hepatitis A vaccine? You might need your wallet
- Video shows healthcare staff punching, beating man with disabilities with belt
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.