SIESTA KEY, Fla. — A man swimming Sunday night at Siesta Key Beach found a necklace with someone’s mother’s ashes inside.
Shawn Rauch is hoping to find the rightful owner.
Rauch posted to Facebook on Monday afternoon of the silver necklace with the word "Mom” inscribed in the middle of it.
"I was neck deep in the water at siesta key last night and found someone’s mother’s ashes on a necklace. Share this and help me find the owner!!"
Rauch has not heard from any leads on who the owner of the necklace could be.
10News has reached out to the Sarasota Sheriff's Office to see if anyone has called about the necklace.
What other people are reading right now:
- North Carolina's famed 'Wizard of Oz' theme park opening this summer for tours
- VERIFY: No, Rolling Thunder won't be returning to D.C. despite Trump's tweet and $200,000 donations
- Mom gives birth in car with three crying kids in back seat (Sensitive video; strong language)
- Artist who turns MAGA hats into symbols of hate speech banned from Facebook
- Florida woman's love for Disney turns into the most magical wedding
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.
Have a news tip? Email email@example.com, or visit our Facebook page or Twitter feed.