President Donald Trump has postponed his trip this week to Central Florida after two deadly mass shootings over the weekend, a spokesperson at the White House confirmed to 10News.
Trump was scheduled to travel to the retirement community of The Villages to speak with an invitation-only audience about Medicare.
Two mass shootings within 13 hours in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, left a total of 31 people dead and about 50 injured Saturday and Sunday.
A new date for the president's visit to Florida has yet to be announced.
What other people are reading right now:
- 9 killed, 26 injured in shooting in Dayton, Ohio
- 20 dead, 26 wounded in El Paso shooting; suspect in custody
- 5-year-old drowns at Florida wave pool
- Man accused of threatening local Walmart arrested
- Dayton gunman drove to shooting with sister, who became one of his 9 victims
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.