ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — A 20-year-old man has been charged with second-degree murder after a deadly shooting over the weekend, St. Petersburg police said.
Christopher Canfall was arrested early Wednesday, according to jail records.
Police said Jermaine Cummings, 38, was shot when he tried to break up a fight early Sunday. He died at a local hospital.
Tips from the public led to Canfall's arrest, police said.
He is being held without bail.
What other people are reading right now:
- Woman pushed elderly man from bus after he told her to be nice, police say
- Florida mayor threatens to kill neighbors after incident with his daughter, police say
- Mom, 2 kids died in Town 'n' Country apartment fire, sheriff says
- Thinking about getting the hepatitis A vaccine? You might need your wallet
- Video shows healthcare staff punching, beating man with disabilities with belt
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.