A former Highlands County teacher convicted of sex with a 13-year-old student has had her teaching certificate permanently revoked.
Stacy Hooks, 41, a former teacher at Hill Gustat Middle School, was arrested in 2016. She is serving a 20-year-prison sentence.
10Investigates discovered Hooks’ teaching certificate was stripped from her last month by the Florida Education Practices Commission. Hooks has also been barred from reapplying for a Florida teaching certificate.
Police reports show Hooks shared inappropriate images of herself with a student through Instagram and an app called Kik.
10investigates exposed issues with several Bay Area school district’s social media policies last month in a special report.
You can search here for disciplinary action against your child’s teachers.
What other people are reading right now:
- Rib fractures and brain bleeding: Police say a dad violently murdered his baby
- Man punched companion in face when he found out he was a pedophile, police say
- Two first cousins say they're in love and are petitioning to get legally married
- Trainer with autism opens gym specifically for clients with autism
- After DNA test, man discovers he's an African prince
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.