An appeals court refused to reconsider and rejected arguments that a Tampa strip club owner should be able to grow his own medical marijuana to help fight lung cancer.
The 1st District Court of Appeal on Tuesday issued a one-page order, which turned down Joe Redner’s request for a rehearing or the full appeals court to take up the case.
The order also rejected sending the case to the Florida Supreme Court.
In April, a state appellate court told Redner he cannot legally grow his own marijuana under Florida’s new medical pot law. The decision overturned a lower court ruling that would have allowed him and others to grow their own marijuana, presumably at a much lower cost.
Redner is known for owning Mons Venus strip club in Tampa.
What other people are reading right now:
- Ariana Grande postpones Tampa concert due to illness
- Man went on 'rampage' at bar, then tried to escape hospital, deputies say
- Mom gives birth in car with three crying kids in back seat (Sensitive video; strong language)
- Necklace filled with unknown mother's ashes found at Siesta Key
- Florida woman's love for Disney turns into the most magical wedding
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.