ST. PETERSBURG, Fla — Want to try fishing in Florida?
The state is offering license-free saltwater fishing the weekend of June 1 and 2, and it's offering license-free freshwater fishing the weekend of June 8 and 9.
"During these weekends, a fishing license is not required for Florida residents or visitors," the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission explained in an email. "License-free weekends provide an excellent opportunity for non-licensed recreational anglers to experience fishing."
The FWC license-free fishing weekends coincide with National Fishing and Boating Week, an annual event that highlights recreational activities on the water. Florida isn't nearly the only state that participates. Click or tap here for a complete guide to free fishing dates across the U.S.
It's important to note: all bag limits, closed areas and size restrictions still apply during these dates. Click or tap here for more information about Florida's license-free fishing opportunities or here for fishing tips from FWC.
What other people are reading right now:
- Ariana Grande postpones Tampa concert due to illness
- Man went on 'rampage' at bar, then tried to escape hospital, deputies say
- Mom gives birth in car with three crying kids in back seat (Sensitive video; strong language)
- Necklace filled with unknown mother's ashes found at Siesta Key
- Florida woman's love for Disney turns into the most magical wedding
►Have a news tip? Email email@example.com, or visit our Facebook page or Twitter feed.